On May 8th, 2012 at a Special Meeting the AVFD Board approved the 2012 - 5 year Strategic Plan. This document is a living document and will be reviewed and updated at least annually. Since the original adoption of this plan we have modified it each year.
"The members of the board and the management of the AVFD should use this document as a road map when making decisions regarding purchases and programs to ensure we maintain the direction that has the best interests of the stakeholders of the AVFD at the forefront at all times. The stakeholders consist of; the taxpayers, residents, members, and visitors of the AVFD." - 2012 - 5 year Strategic Plan (P 3).
The 5 year goals of the District are as follows:
1) Control the tax rate for residents of the Fire District while continuing to deliver consistent, high quality services in a cost effective manner.
2) Provide Advanced Life Support (ALS) transport response 24 hours per day, 7 days per week within the requirements of the CON.
3) Provide additional services to District residents and visitors to provide more value for their taxes.
4) Maintain a Capital Improvement Plan (CIP) to replace vehicles, equipment, and improve facilities, per NFPA standards, within the approved budget.
5) Retain and recruit personnel that are qualified and certified to meet the needs of the District.
Each year we meet to review and update the 5 Year Strategic Plan and we are always looking for community members who would like to contribute to updating the plan. Please contact Chief Larry Austin or a Board member if you would like to participate.
For a full copy of the 2015 - 5 year Strategic Plan please see below for a PDF version. In addition, a printed copy is available at the station for anyone who wishes to read it there.